Friday, March 14, 2008

Hurting yet thinking...

Isn't life interesting... I had lunch with a guy today who is very familiar with cancer. I told him that I struggle with talking about dad and his caner all the time. Not the fact that I am talking about it, rather there are times when I talk about it as if he is a patient here at the hospital, and at other points I get overwhelmed with my thoughts and concerns. I feel like the second point when I read past blogs that I have written that are my outpouring of thoughts and love. I also feel that way when I read the wonderful notes and emails people send me following the updates I send out.

Then in a meeting I was just in, someone was talking about setting up various meetings, and then commented that “If it isn’t in my hands, I don’t need to worry about it.” Hearing her say that made me realize that this is NOT in my hands - so worrying will not help.

All I can say is that life is going to be interesting over the next few months and years.

No comments: